How your recruitment agency relationship affects your job search. Plus the latest news regarding the UK jobs boom…
Your recruitment agency relationship:
HR News has just released some great data surrounding the benefits of working with recruitment agencies. They report that:
- The majority (64%) of candidates surveyed worked with a recruitment agency to ‘find at least one job’ last year.
- 88% of people most value the communication received from their agency. This includes support, reassurance and guidance throughout the recruitment process.
- Around 1/4 of respondents additionally appreciate the prospect of a long-term recruitment agency relationship. They understand how the insights garnered by their consultants can help to support their later career progress.
- A similar number of people look for specialist recruitment agencies who will understand the intricacies of their industry – and, consequently, provide valuable insights for candidates.
- Poor agency communications understandably cause job-seekers to utilise alternative routes.
- However, more than 2/5 of candidates stated that they found their job search ‘easy’.
The UK jobs boom continues…
Over on Recruiting Times, we hear that the UK jobs boom remains in ‘full force’ and that the women’s unemployment rate has reached a record low.
The article, which cites stats from The Office for National Statistics (ONS), reveals:
- National employment has now reached 32.6 million people.
- Unemployment fell to 1.36 million – 100,000 fewer people than last year.
- The women’s unemployment level has dropped below 4% for the first time.
- Yet, job vacancy numbers have risen by 16,000 to a total of 870,000 jobs. Which is also a record figure – and a sign of the ongoing skills shortage.
It’s interesting to note that zero-hour contracts can also contribute to high employment rates and growth figures. In other words, there may still be many people who are recorded as employed yet not receiving regular work assignments (or, for that matter, a regular income!).
We’d always recommend finding a recruitment agency who specialises in the types of vacancies that you’re searching for. The Recruitment & Employment Confederation offers a handy guide to help you to choose an agency. This includes a member directory, which we’re proud to be a part of.
Working with Appoint:
Did you know we specialise in commercial office jobs in Bath and the surrounding Somerset and Wiltshire areas? We recruit for an array of openings, including (yet not limited to!):
- Customer services
- Finance & financial services
- Sales & marketing
- Project management
- IT & technical
This includes everything from temporary assignments to contract bookings and permanent roles.
We opened in 1999, so have garnered a wealth of industry expertise. We’re privileged to be able to share our insights with our candidates and clients throughout the region.