PA to Directors – Temporary – Start late April 2021
We are seeking an experienced PA to support the Executive Director and Deputies (2 job share). You will be providing an efficient and comprehensive PA support to include:
- Comprehensive diary management ensuring internal/external meetings/conferences/virtual meetings are managed. Preparation of any materials/documents.
- Travel arrangements where necessary.
- Ability to prioritise their workload/daily activities to ensure deadlines are met.
- First point of contact to answer all telephone calls, deal with enquiries as far as possible, or delegate matters to other colleagues. This might involve some complaint handling.
- Attendance at meetings in the absence of the Director/Deputies.
- Monitor any email correspondence received by the Executive Director and accept/decline meeting requests in line with diary management, respond to emails, bring to the attention any urgent and important emails, set reminders of information or responses requested and chase on behalf of the Executive Director if not received on time.
- Draft letters, reports and presentations using IT packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Routine secretarial tasks including welcoming visitors at Reception, making refreshments, arranging conference tables/chairs and equipment ahead of meetings, photocopying/binding or shredding documents.
- To prepare agendas for meetings, distribute paperwork, track actions and transcribe formal minutes from those meetings using relevant IT packages.
- To undertake any ad hoc project work
- Multi-task and plan work for short, medium, and long-term timescales. Plan and organise sometimes complex activities requiring adjustments to be made, e.g. resolve conflicting diary appointments and arrange meetings with a number of internal/external participants with complex diaries.
- Previous experience as a PA/Secretary supporting at Director/Senior Management level.
- Confident communication skills – diplomatic and confidential
- Experience of minute taking
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Excellent command of IT to include: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
- Audio typing
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to compose and respond confidently via email and verbally.
This is a temporary post to start week commencing 26/04/21 – duration approximately 4 weeks.
It is company policy as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.