*** Bid Co-ordinator ***
A fantastic opportunity within an Engineering Consultancy in central Bath who are at the forefront of exciting, innovative projects around the world.
As Bid Coordinator, you will be at the start of these projects, working with exciting value propositions to meet their clients’ ever evolving needs. You will collaborate with passionate groups of partners, engineers and consultants to build and win bids, across the UK.
Working closely with the other UK and Cities BD team members located across the UK and reporting into the Senior Bid Coordinator this role will involve:
- Supporting bids led by our key Work Winning community
- Supporting the management of the project pipeline
This role will form part of a wider BD team based across the Bath, Leeds and Manchester offices, therefore a willingness and ability to travel (when permitted) to these offices occasionally is required.
The main focus of this role will be across three key areas:
- Ensure all bids follow the UK Bid No Bid process before agreeing to support
- Communicate intentions to bid with BDM and necessary work winning communities, ensuring liaison with Project Leads
- Review bid documentation identifying requirements and deadlines, and raising potential issues
- Check the Commercial and Legal Team (CLT) is informed where necessary to ensure that contractual / legislative requirements are met
- Participate in Bid Kick-Off meetings for significant bids to capture the bid themes, key team members and case study projects
- Adhoc research as required, particularly around organisations and project opportunities to inform bid creation
- Review input to bids from technical teams against bid criteria, highlighting any potential gaps in information, and ensuring we have understood the client’s requirements and developed a tailored and focused response
- Ensure that all submissions are well written, compliant with what the client has asked for, and are in line with agreed themes, brand and corporate message
- Collate submission documents – ensuring accuracy of input, proof-reading and spell checking
- Communicate and coordinate graphic requirements with the UK Graphics Team
- Assist in the design and production of material relating to the client presentation stage of the bid process.
- Identify leads, opportunities and bids, working with the wider BD team to maintain the pipeline.
- Ensure the progress of all bids are accurately recorded on the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Attend bid touchdown meetings.
Best Practice Capture and Sharing
- Capture and share model answers and refined project descriptions
- Collate, share and disseminate best practice and lessons learned from bid feedback.
- Attend Bid Coordinator team meetings to gain progress updates, maintain communication and ensure submission best practice
- Previous marketing, business development and bid coordination experience
- Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills
- Previous experience of coordinating and managing tight deadlines
- Prior office experience
- Excellent computer and IT skills including; Adobe Design Standard (InDesign specifically), Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience of using spreadsheets and databases
- Previous experience within an architectural practice, construction or engineering industries would be an advantage.
£competitive + excellent benefits package
It is company policy as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.