Grants Operations Manager – Bath, UK
An exciting new opportunity to join a not-for-profit organisation advocating improved sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR).
We are looking to appoint to appoint an experienced manager to oversee multiple funding rounds and the management of a diverse grant portfolio. The Grants Operations Manager will have responsibility for the smooth running of the application process, from funding call preparation, oversight of live funding windows, and processing of applications through to Board approval. They will support the day-to-day management of the grant cycle, ensuring grants are managed effectively once approved by the Board by working closely with multiple team members in the UK and overseas.
The role is a Bath-based position and will have day to day oversight of a team of Grants Officers who provide operational support across a portfolio of grants.
Applicants will show a strong interest in the field of SRHR and sensitivities to the work of the grant holders.
Principal duties include:
- Work closely with the CEO, Head of Operations and the Technical Team, to oversee the planning and management of the grant application process including developing application timelines, quality assuring application forms, managing applicant webinars and application reviews
- Provide oversight of a portfolio of grants through a grant implementation process from grant set up through to grant closure, ensuring compliance with internal procedures. Regularly reviewing the status of all grants against the agreed workplan in collaboration with the Head of Operations
- Coordinate the day-to-day inputs of the Grants Officers to ensure the smooth implementation of grants
- Resolve complex issues when escalated by Grants Officers throughout the grant cycle on contractual, operational and reporting matters
- Support the Head of Operations to chair regular team meetings
- Manage translation of documents and systems into French with the translator
- Track and follow up on grant payments, liaising with the Finance team, grantees, etc.
- Assist with the coordination and logistics of events both in the UK and overseas, as well as international grant monitoring travel
- Support the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, under the guidance of the Head of Operations
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of project, operational or logistics management e.g. claims processing, contract management, procurement management, with solid experience of process management and making efficiency changes when required
- Ability to lead teams and set priorities and workplans
- Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritise tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to respond to emerging challenges and opportunities in a growing organisation
- Good working knowledge of risk and performance management
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to use own initiative, with a proactive and problem-solving attitude
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Office and online management systems
- Experience of working in grant making
- Experience of working internationally
- Experience with financial and project management tools, formulating risk registers and implementing logistical and duty of care procedures
- Knowledge of donor agency procedures
- Experience in organising travel logistics and events management
- Fluency in written and spoken French
- Other appropriate language skills, including Portuguese, Spanish and/or Arabic
A comprehensive job description available.
Salary and package
Starting salary range: £27,000 – £37,000
Holiday: 25 days per annum + public holidays
Pension: 8% employer contribution
Life insurance: Company life insurance scheme
Benefits: Access to flexible benefits such as discounts and free perks through Perkbox membership, salary sacrifice schemes including workplace nursery, cycle to work and gym membership
It is company policy as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.