Paralegal – 6 month Contract
Excellent opportunity within global consultancy in Bath although with remote working due to current situation.
Working closely with and the Company Secretary and Solicitor, you will be leading the Due Diligence process for a project.
We are seeking a pro-active candidate with an outcome-focussed mindset.
- Acting as Due Diligence Lead – coordinating advice from other internal departments on projects and transactions.
- Managing Data Room and Transaction co-ordination.
- Liaising with internal and external counsel, within the UK and globally.
- Conducting legal research and produce concise summaries of findings.
- Organising and preparing chronologies, document lists, due diligence report versions.
Skills & Experience:
- LPC/CILEx or equivalent legal qualification
- Foundation experience of working in a corporate team supporting Merger & Acquisition (M&A) transactions, with Due Diligence and Virtual Data room tasks
- Experience of reviewing and drafting contracts, undertaking corporate due diligence and supporting on corporate transactions
- Capability of reviewing commercial, banking and employment contracts and reporting on defined diligence issues.
- Self-motivated and proactive, able to operate with varying levels of supervision and bringing initiative to the project
- Excellent time management and organisational skills to enable efficient co-ordination of work
- Comfortable taking initiative and responsibility where necessary and appropriate
- Ability to work remotely / at home (full IT equipment and support will be provided)
Although initially offered on a fixed term basis, this role offers the opportunity to shine in a Due Diligence role and take on future opportunities within the organisation.
£28,000 – £32,000
It is company policy as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.