Finance/Accounts Assistant – 6 month contract
The contract is to join part of the finance and purchasing team of an independent company that work with the NHS.
This is a super opportunity to be part of an inclusive and supportive organisation based near Bath.
We are looking for applicants who will have experience in the following:
- Resolving pricing discrepancies with suppliers.
- Managing supplier relationships.
- Ensure compliance with organisational spend limits.
- Provide ad-hoc support to management as requested.
- Provide quality procurement reports to management.
- Organising regular stock takes.
- Processing of all purchase invoices
- Monitoring of the finance mailbox
- Monitoring and generating of purchase orders
- Reconciling supplier statements on receipt & investigating any differences/issues
- Ensuring full procurement process is followed i.e. chasing missing delivery notes and/or obtaining additional approval
- Chasing debtors for outstanding invoices
- Raising of sales invoices from the data provided by the Assistant Accountant
- Assisting in general ad hoc tasks
- Good general education to GCSE equivalent level, including Mathematics and English.
- Working in a similar role with stock control/purchase administration experience. Experience of generic accounting functions and principles
- Experience in using finance systems, specifically Xero
- Experience using Excel, Outlook, Word etc
- Effective written/ verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well organised, able to work to deadlines and prioritise own workload
- Capable of working under pressure
- Team player but also comfortable working autonomously
- Detail conscious
- Able to think on their feet and identity urgent priorities and recognise when escalation of issues is required
Salary guide: £22,000 – £25,000. Part time 30 hours a week
The client is looking to appoint as soon as possible.
The role will be home based to start with due to COVID.
It is company policy as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.