An exciting new role has arisen within this charitable organisation on the outskirts of Bath.
They are seeking a highly organised and experienced Line Manager to oversee the rehoming, intake and home visitor teams. You will ensure an efficient and friendly service to animal adopters, pet owners and other stakeholders.
Working as part of a focused and dedicated team, your role will be critical to the success of rehoming and rehabilitating animals in need.
This is a fast-paced environment and you will thrive on a challenge, embracing the fact that there is never a dull moment and always tasks to be done.
Working days Sunday – Thursday with additional flexibility required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To lead and line manage the rehoming and intake teams.
- Manage customer care and maintain high levels of service to potential adopters and third parties.
- Ensure that all rehoming and intake procedures are adhered to.
- Working with the Head of Animal Operations to streamline and develop re-homing and intake procedures
- Oversee the Animal Intake waiting list
- Ensure animal accommodation is used efficiently
- Ensure incoming animals are made available for rehoming as quickly as possible.
- Act as a point of contact for local authority dog wardens.
- Collate and reporting monthly stray figures.
- Ensure that all animal and customer records are accurate, current and adhere to GDPR guidelines.
- Pro-actively manage and monitor customer expectations.
- Positively promote a whole team approach.
- Lead by example to ensure that all staff and volunteers are working together to deliver objectives.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working within animal care environment
- Experience of successfully motivating, leading and developing teams
- Strong organisational skills
- Calm under pressure
- Proven experience of taking and communicating difficult decisions
- Ability and motivation to deliver with minimum supervision
- Proven experience of working collaboratively with colleagues from different teams
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Financially aware and numerate
- IT literate with good experience of MS Office including Word & Excel
This is a fantastic opportunity within a worthwhile organisation committed to the welfare of animals.
Salary £22,600 – £24,500 + excellent benefits
Working hours Sunday – Thursday.
It is company policy as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.