Working in conjunction with one of our Wiltshire based clients, we are seeking a Laboratory Technician who can organised and co-ordinate the daily laboratory requirements for the scientists. This position is a 12 month contract to start early January 2021.
Typical duties include:
- Being in charge of the laboratory equipment
- Maintenance and checking of logbooks
- Troubleshooting, problem solving
- Supervision of external contractors
- House-keeping, checking glassware contamination, waste/hazardous materials
- Management of onsite and offsite storage facilities and archiving
- In charge of the shipment of goods
- Undertaking all aspects of Health & Safety (conducting onsite safety inspections
- Working closely with fire wardens, first aiders and HSE representative
- Mature and professional at all times
- Carry out all activities in line with the site requirements, UK procedures and processes
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all internal and external interfaces
- Proven ability to improve efficiency and good practises
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Enthusiastic and committed
Working hours are Monday to Thursday 9am – 5pm and Friday 9am – 4pm.
A pleasant and enjoyable working environment with free parking offered.
It is company policy as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.