Assistant Board Secretary Temporary 6 months
- Run a professional secretariat for high-profile committees and groups.
- Follow standard operating protocols for the management of meetings
- Plan meetings and handle the logistics for key meetings, ensuring that due public notice is given where appropriate
Committee requirements to include:
- Prepare meeting agendas, papers and minutes that are of high quality
- Prepare briefings for the Chair of the meeting
- Maintain effective mechanisms for action monitoring and follow-up, and for recording decisions
- Knowledge of administrative procedures, project management or information analysis
- Previously worked in similar position
- A good understanding of good governance principles
- Ability to engender trust and confidence and demonstrate integrity in the provision of advice and support
- Clear communicator with excellent report writing and presentation skills, capable of constructing and delivering clear ideas and concepts concisely and accurately for diverse audiences
- Ability to analyse and interpret information, problem solving skills and ability to respond to sudden unexpected demands
- Very good planner, capable to prioritise and reprioritise at short notice, must keep deadlines
- Proficient user of MS Office, very confident using and learning new technology e.g. MS Teams, Zoom.
This is expected to be for 6 months.
Salary: £31,365 pro rata.
Looking to start as soon as possible.
It is our policy as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.