Appoint are delighted to partner the recruitment of a new Management Accountant for our valued client Purple Lime.
Purple Lime aim to change the way businesses use and interact with their financial data. An outsourced finance department for ambitious growth businesses, providing expertise from day-to-day bookkeeping, up to strategic board-level accounting and financial advice.
The proposition is based on utilising the exciting new technologies available within the accounting sector to efficiently capture and report the financial data and performance of its clients. Using a platform of technologies principally Xero, to deliver this service.
Additionally, they handle the more traditional accountancy services such as year-end accounts, taxes and payroll processing.
We are seeking a qualified accountant with sound technical knowledge, the ability to manage their own workload, commercial awareness, and the ability to effectively communicate and form trusted relationships with clients and fellow team members. The position will initially line-manage two Assistant Management Accountants.
The successful person will have a wide range of technical accounting knowledge and capability.
The key competencies required by the role are:
- statutory compliance (annual accounts, taxation, and company secretarial)
- sound knowledge of accounting standards financial reporting, including experience of working with trial balances, balance sheets and charts of account
- production of management information (management accounts, KPI reporting etc)
- communication with clients and other stakeholders
- business planning using forecasting and modelling
- Overseeing monthly bookkeeping for clients – using Xero and a platform of cloud-based applications
- Posting month-end accounting journals such as prepayments & accruals
- Overseeing the running and submission of payroll for clients
- Overseeing the production and filing of VAT returns
- Preparing business plans & forecasts with clients using Excel and/or dedicated forecasting software
- Assisting clients with training and consultancy advice
- Being responsible for the production, review and submission of annual statutory accounts, confirmation statements and all other compliance
- Producing monthly management information, tailored to clients’ requirements – and debriefing this to the management team of the client. Reports generally take the form of one of the following:
- Management accounts pack and presentations
- KPI Dashboards
- Operational & financial briefing reports
- Attending client board meetings to present and review financial performance
- Reconciling balance sheet accounts periodically and maintaining clear supporting schedules – including posting month-end accounting journals such as prepayments and accruals
- Overseeing Assistant Management Accountants with their responsibilities and prioritising workload
Seeking 8+ years experience as a management accountant in industry and/or practice. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for financial processes within an accounts department and be confident of suggesting better, more efficient ways for tasks to be done.
They will have an interest in new technologies and how they interact with modern business.
Experience with preparing management or year-end statutory accounts and liaising with clients on the results. The successful candidate will be ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified.
This is a great opportunity to join this innovative growing team of fun, yet professional individuals with an emphasis on teamwork and adding true value to client’s businesses.
Clients are largely based in and around Wiltshire, Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, and London.
Located at Hartham Park in Corsham, Wiltshire.
Salary depending on experience/qualifications. Please state expected level with application. Pension after probation, IT equipment and a quarterly social also included.
Appoint Recruitment – Bath are recruiting exclusively for Purple Lime. All applications will be directed automatically.
For further information or to apply please contact Katherine Ashman – email@example.com
It is company policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However because we are currently receiving a large volume interest to all vacancies we are unable to respond individually. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future