The role will be to support and manage the HR function and processes for the company.
You will be delivering a generalist HR function across all areas of the employee lifestyle including recruitment. Onboarding, payroll and benefits administration and coordinating training.
- Liaise with our company directors to periodically review and enhance HR processes and ensure HR policies and practices continue to reflect new legislation, and are applied consistently
- Manage recruitment of new staff in the UK and support recruitment in overseas companies in accordance with the recruitment policy, guiding the process through to offer stage
- Ensure new staff receive an effective induction and onboarding, including all the appropriate pre-employment checks and documentation
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and directors on staffing issues, using up to date knowledge of employment law and best practice, seeking advice from legal counsel when appropriate.
- Ensure all personnel information is recorded accurately and confidentially in our HR systems, and compliant with our data protection policy
- Coordinate and monitor training on core policy areas on the e-learning platform and through internal delivery, maintaining records relating to cost and attendance as appropriate
- Respond to requests for information from the leadership team for staff data and management information, using the HR system to generate reports in MS Excel
- Ensure all information relating to the monthly payrolls of all four companies is up to date and accurate, and liaising with the finance team and payroll providers to ensure payments of salaries and pensions are made on time and without error
- Provide HR input to office, facilities and health safety related issues
- Provide effective line supervision to a small team to ensure high levels of efficiency, motivation and engagement
- CIPD qualified to minimum level 5 with experience of working in an operational HR role
- Good knowledge of employment law with experience of writing and advising on HR
policy and process
- Experience of managing a small team
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Office (especially MS Excel) and online HR systems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to operate in a team environment liaising with diverse teams in an international setting
- Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritise tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience of delivering a general HR service within an international SME
Salary and package
Starting salary range: £35,000 – £45,000
Holiday: 25 days per annum + public holidays
Pension: 8% employer contribution
Life insurance: Company life insurance scheme
Benefits: Access to a flexible benefits scheme including salary sacrifice and staff discounts
It is our policy as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications we are currently receiving we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.