Applications Support/Data Operations
We are seeking ambitious and talented individuals who have a passion for technology and making a difference. This is likely to be of interest to recent graduates.
We are recruiting for a relatively new, exciting start-up aiming to make a huge impact in investment management. Using ultra-modern technology, their goal is to simplify and reduce costs of the wealth management process.
You would be joining a fun, driven team that is full of ambitious, talented and creative people who are passionate about applying technology to create digital solutions and services. We are looking for people who want to make a difference by enabling more people to save and invest by using new technology.
Our client offers a positive, open environment that strongly encourages fresh ideas, challenge, experimentation, and learning. They provide flexible working that focusses on delivery rather than just focusing on hours worked.
We are looking for an analytical problem solver and a solid team player who is customer and delivery focused. You will work in the engine room of the business and be passionate about using technology to automate processes, using data at every step to inform and enhance all decisions we make. There will be manual work, requiring you to roll up sleeves and get stuck into the ‘day-to-day,’ but, ultimately, your role will be to work out how to automate everything.
You will be responsible for:
- Identifying and resolving technical issues, including bug fixing and data correction
- Maintaining ownership of any request until resolution and meeting agreed SLA’s
- Reviewing and recommending any changes to systems needed to reduce the reliance on the development team, products or services
- Assisting with process mapping, documentation and visualisations
- Assisting with regular business reporting, using a variety of data sources and analytical techniques
- Identifying, implementing and monitoring of productions systems
- Supporting with ad-hoc Bizops projects across the business – always with an eye on process automation
- The most important skill is determination and a desire to solve problems with some exposure to applications support
- Ability to understand business requirements and turn this into efficient, scalable solutions.
- You will need to learn the business domain, so previous experience or an interest in financial services or a fintech is desirable
- You will have a basic understanding of JSON and REST APIs, and you’ll be excited to learn more and to begin to play around with the tech we are building
- Strong communication and organisation skills and able to describe to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A team player who is customer and delivery focussed
Key Rewards include
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exposure to the latest technology and an opportunity to help shape the future direction
- Pension & Life Assurance