Purchasing & Supply Manager
To manage the group’s purchasing & supply of products, materials and/or services.
Purchase best quality products, materials and services, negotiating cost prices and contracts.
Work closely with the Management team, Production, Sales, Marketing and others to contribute to the development of the fast-evolving business.
- Purchase supply of products/materials across the group, including services and goods not for resale
- Ensure full legal compliance of all products
- Analyse, develop and manage supplier base to improve quality of items and improve continuity of supply
- Source and interview vendors, negotiate contracts and costs, to achieve cost reduction / margin improvement
- Develop, implement and manage processes and systems to forecast future demand for both inbound components and materials for production, and outbound finished goods for sales
- Work with Management team to establish and deliver service level and inventory management strategies.
- Communicate supplier and product performances and costs to management team
- Organize and schedule procurements in a timely manner
- Prepare and track purchase orders, mitigating effects of supplier failures and unplanned demand
Skills, qualifications and experience required
|· CIPS Qualification or equivalent|
· Knowledge & experience managing margin, profit and exchange rates
· Robust, structured, skilled negotiator
· 2-5 years of previous experience in procurement or product management
· Product category and supplier base management experience
· Experience in industry procedures, costs, and terms
· Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
· Demonstrable experience & success developing and launching Own Brand products and ranges
· Experience of Demand Management & Forecasting ideally within a production, retail or Merchant environment.
· Experience of Inventory Management and Purchase Order processes
· Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Team managerial experience
· Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
· Must be able to travel
Salary: Dep on Experience.
Location: Near Frome, Somerset
It is company policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future