Grants Manager – Fluent French speaker
Fixed term contract for 18 months
The Grants Manager will have responsibility for the day-to-day management of part of the organisations grant cycle, ensuring grants are managed effectively through the grant cycle by working closely with multiple team members in the UK and overseas.
The role is a Bath based position and will have day to day oversight of the team of Grants Officers who provide operational support across a portfolio of grants.
Fluent French is essential for this role.
Role responsibilities include:
- Provide oversight of the full portfolio of more than 400 live grants through a grant implementation process from grant set up through to grant closure, ensuring compliance with internal procedures, including managing own portfolio.
- Coordinating the day to day inputs of the Grants Officers, and inputs from multiple teams across the organisation, to ensure a smooth implementation of grant processing stages from grant set-up to monitoring
- Resolve complex issues when escalated by Grants Officers throughout the grant cycle on contractual, operational and reporting matters, drawing on and coordinating expertise from the Technical Performance Managers and Fiduciary Risk Team
- Specifically supporting the fund’s consortium partners
- Managing the grant application and review stages of the grant cycle including renewal grants, in both English and French.
- Work with the Compliance team and the Operations Manager to implement the company’s Standard Operating Procedures and policies
- Support the Operations Manager to chair regular project update meetings and project performance review meetings
- Manage translation of documents and systems into French with the translator
- Track and follow up on grant payments weekly, liaising with the finance team, grantees, grant support team and banks, where needed.
- Assist with the coordination and logistics of events both in the UK and overseas
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of project or operational management in an international setting
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French
- Experience of business administration and/or project management e.g. claims processing, contract management, procurement management, with solid experience of process management and making efficiency changes when required
- Good working knowledge of risk and performance management
- Ability to lead teams and set priorities and workplans
- Excellent client management and communication skills
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Office and online management systems
- Ability to use own initiative, with a proactive and problem-solving attitude
- Experience of working on grant making funds and good understanding of the project/grant management cycle including set up, contracting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of working in an international development setting or on projects in developing countries.
A comprehensive job description will be available
Salary and package
Starting salary range: £27,000 – £33,500
Holiday: 25 days per annum + public holidays
Pension: 8% employer contribution
Life insurance: Company life insurance scheme
Benefits: Access to a flexible benefits and salary sacrifice schemes
It is company policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.