URGENT – Part time Accounts Assistant
We are seeking a competent and motivated individual to perform the key bookkeeping roles within a Bath based private office. The role will involve working across two divisions.
Responsibilities for the retail division include:
- General accounts including purchase/sales ledger, bank reconciliations/payments, credit control, month end processes
- Facilitating hourly contract payroll and associated staff holidays etc
- Responsibility for producing monthly management reports
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns (training will be given)
Additional responsibilities include:
- Co-ordination and administration of the health and safety policy
- Assisting with general office management e.g. Reception, daily post, office supplies, general facilities etc.
- Experience in a general accounts /bookkeeping role
- Preparation of Management Accounts/Month End
- Knowledge of VAT Returns – beneficial although training will be given
- Working knowledge of Sage
- Competent with Microsoft applications including word and excel
The position is advertised as part time with a minimum of 20-25hrs per week. Hours of work can however be fitted around the candidate’s requirements.
A competitive salary is offered according to experience.
The client is looking to appoint as soon as possible.
It is Company policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.