Part time Accounts Assistant and Estates Administrator
We are seeking a competent and motivated individual to perform the key bookkeeping roles within a Bath based private office. The role will involve working across two divisions, namely a small in-house retail operation and secondly assisting with accounting and administration for the Estates division.
Responsibilities for the retail division include:
- General accounts including purchase/sales ledger, bank reconciliations/payments, credit control, month end processes
- Facilitating hourly contract payroll and associated staff holidays etc
- Responsibility for producing monthly management reports
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Year-end preparation for external audit
Alongside the responsibilities highlighted above the role will, over time, also include assisting the Estates division in the management of a substantial in-house land and farming portfolio. This will include:
- Preparation and management of farm budgets, cashflows, accounts, records and reports
- Co-ordination and administration of the farm’s health and safety policy
- Undertaking residential property management alongside appointed professionals
This business uses Prime Landmark Key Software (training will be provided)
Additional duties will include assisting with general office management e.g. Reception, daily post, office supplies, general facilities etc. As a small, highly productive busy team it’s important you will be happy to turn a hand to ad hoc requests as needed.
- Ideally experience/knowledge in transactional payroll – training will be provided
- Experience in a general accounts /bookkeeping role
- Preparation of Management Accounts/Month End
- Knowledge of VAT Returns
- Working knowledge of Sage
- Competent with Microsoft applications including word and excel
Candidates should have a focus on attention to detail and have a mindset for change, improvement and innovation.
An interest in the countryside and rural affairs will be advantageous as will experience of retail.
The position is advertised as part time with a minimum of 20-25hrs per week. Hours of work can however be fitted around the candidate’s requirements.
A competitive salary is offered according to experience.
We are looking to appoint as soon as possible to allow an effective training/handover.
It is Company policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.