Accounts Assistant – URGENT!
We are currently looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join the team with a super client near Frome. Own transport would be essential due to location.
To maintain and manage the finance system in order to provide accurate monthly and year end accounts, financial analysis and forecasts for all companies within the group and the whole group for internal and external use within agreed deadlines.
- To manage the company customer and supplier ledgers for each. Manage both supplier and customer account set up.
- To process all purchase invoices and ensure they have been correctly authorised
- To manage the credit control process to ensure debts are collected and customers’ credit accounts managed to minimise risk.
- To ensure all discrepancies are manager/escalated to resolution in a reasonable timeframe, liaising with suppliers as required.
- To produce a two weekly payment schedule for authorisation by business heads and pass for payment.
- Undertake any administration as required, including maintaining the financial filing.
- To manage stock valuations, counts and postings adjustments to cost of goods sold.
- Preparation of accurate quarterly VAT returns.
- Ensuring receipts and payments are applied to Xero in a timely manner (date of receipt/issue) and discrepancies are managed/escalated to resolution in a reasonable timeframe.
- Maintain and distribute petty cash in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Manage the fixed asset register, ensuring assets are appropriately recorded, tagged and depreciated in line with policies and procedures.
- Experience of successfully managing projects and / or teams to achieve agreed priorities
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Able to analyse information, evaluate the implications and use problem solving skills to recommend solutions
- Strong prioritisation skills and the ability to hit deadlines
- Excellent IT skills including Accounting packages and Microsoft applications of Excel, Outlook, Databases and Word
- Good organisational skills and time management
- Appropriate professional accounting/bookkeeping qualification eg AAT, ACCA, CIMA (Finalist/part-qualified)
The client is looking to hold interviews as soon a s possible- ideally this week!
Salary guide up to £25,000
22 days holiday + bank holidays
Staff discount – 50% products
Lovely working environment!
It is company policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.