Experienced Project Manager needed to join this innovative IT concept aimed at the legal sector.
You will be joining a relatively new team based in central Bath.
- To perform research and analysis functions which may include cost forecasting and budgeting
- To obtain requirements, prepare specifications and engage with technical teams to model solutions
- Liaise with key stakeholders across the various practice areas, building effective working relationships in order to garner support for the various projects and business goals you’re tasked with progressing
- Define or assist with the business case and the end-user requirements for all new systems and projects
- Initiate and manage projects from the initial stage, to assembling project teams through to deployment and post-project evaluation phases
- Manage project logistics and co-ordinate team members and project activities throughout the project’s lifecycle
- Deliver regular project updates to the CTO/MD and business leadership
- Additionally, produce project communication documentation and presentations including overviews, roadmaps, kick-off presentations, scope documentation, and project summaries
- Identify and document project issues and risks
- Assist in resource planning and allocation, effort estimation and time tracking for all project related efforts
- Produce written communication required for project documentation
- Document and oversee quality assurance/testing tasks
Qualification & Experience:
- Preferably educated to degree standard or similar
- Previous experience to include work in a business analysis or project management environment
- 2 years or more experience within a software supply environment
- Any experience in a law or accountancy firm is desirable
- Experience of using or supporting popular, market leading legal IT systems within core DMS, PMS and CRM disciplines is very desirable
- Solid experience and skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
Salary Guide: £40,000 – £45,000 Dep on experience.
It is company policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.