A wonderful opportunity to join a leading professional services organisation who provide engineering, design, planning, project management and consulting services for the build environment.
With a global presence, they are seeking an experienced Bid Manager to increase the success rate in winning work across the West region of the UK.
This will be achieved by identifying key opportunities and strategic positioning activities, focusing on improving people, process and systems for winning work and direct leadership of selected UK bids to role model best practice.
- Supporting earlier and better identification of key opportunities to win a higher proportion of the selected bids
- Leading and actively contributing to overall technical and commercial win strategy for key target bids
- Leading and embedding best practice bid strategy, process, management and production.
- Writing and editing submissions for key target bids
- Challenging and advising on alignment between technical and commercial elements of bids
- Reviewing and disseminating lessons learned on successful and unsuccessful bids.
- Working collaboratively with bid directors, bid managers and other internal stakeholders to guide best practice in bidding
- Using existing and new external contacts among clients, other consultants, and contractors to gather intelligence and position us for target opportunities
- Identifying and sharing technical and operational innovations and commercial tactics that contribute to winning work
- Keeping abreast of technical and commercial procurement trends, addressing them in bids.
- Support relationship management with key clients, including participation in the implementation of client plans
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to pull together disparate pieces of information to support bids, including client requirements, commercial aspects, external best practice and innovation
- Experience and knowledge of the analysis of information and the writing and editing of technical text
- Relevant industry background; construction, energy, water and / or transport
- Proven track record in leading and working in multi-party bid teams
- High awareness of procurement trends for publicly-funded and / or major projects
- Creativity to contribute to the development of winning solutions
- Ability to draw out and communicate ideas effectively through different media and forms
- Ability to respond to contribute effectively around work winning, including process challenge, coaching for skills development, constructive review, and team building
- Ability to think calmly about work winning priorities and strategies
- Personable, collaborative manner
- Competitive drive and dedication to achieve challenging deadlines.
Reward and Benefits:
Our client offers one of the best benefits packages in their sector.
Core benefits including private healthcare and a range of other protection are made available to all to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing.
You will also have access to a range of flexible working options – including flexible start and finish times, working from home.
It is Appoint’s policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.