Financial Services 2nd Line Support Engineer
Full Time – Bath
Are you an experienced 2nd line Support Engineer within the financial services or factoring industry? Our client is looking to recruit another professional to join their growing team in the centre of Bath. The successful candidate will provide second level technical support to their customers.
If you are seeking a new challenge in a growing international software business, this could be the perfect opportunity!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide resolution for escalated service tickets
- Work with customers to evaluate and solve technical problems
- Evaluate existing systems and/or user needs to analyse, design, recommend and implement changes
- Configuration and support of internal and external systems
- Troubleshooting systems
- Maintain log of completed work using an incident-tracking application
- Working with third party suppliers
- Training other staff and stakeholders on technical issues as needed
- Ad-hoc duties outlined by senior support engineers/managers
Skills & Experience:
- Prior experience in the financial services/invoice/factoring industry
- Minimum of 3 years 2nd line support experience
- Customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technically and analytically minded
- Working knowledge of software support
- SQL/Query knowledge: Ideally
- Experience in ticketing – Zendesk or JIRA
It is Appoint’s policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.