An exciting opportunity within a well-established, process safety and risk management consultancy to the Oil and Gas and Petrochemical Industries. With already a strong global presence, they have recently opened a UK office in Bath in the South West.
Joining a small but growing team, your role will be interesting and varied. Managing a variety of cases, maintaining project schedules and ensuing timely delivery of products and reports you will also help guide and develop junior members of the team.
- The role is mainly office based but with the need to travel internationally
- Performing hazard analysis including HAZOP, fault tree analysis, and layer of protection analysis for clients
- Design pressure relief and flare systems for clients in the oil and gas and petrochemical industries
- Undergoing safety and integrity analysis
- Fulfilling fixed facility and transportation quantitative risk assessments
- Carrying out process safety management auditing
- Performing facility siting analysis
- Defining resource plans and designating and scheduling resources
- Developing budgets and approving invoicing
- Maintaining project schedules and ensuring timely delivery of products or reports within the project scope.
Skills & Experience:
- Prior experience (2-8 years) within a technical consulting company
- Functional experience in risk and consequence modelling in the petrochemical industries, e.g. working with DNV Phast, Safeti etc and / or pressure relief system analysis
- Demonstrable track record in project delivery e.g. report writing, technical analysis etc.
- Process hazard analysis including HAZOP, fault tree analysis, and layer of protection analysis
- Safety integrity level analysis
- Fixed facility and transportation quantitative risk assessment
- Process safety management auditing
- Incident investigation and root cause analysis
- Dust explosion hazard analysis
- Chemical reactivity hazards
- Facility siting analysis
- Software for documenting process hazard analyses and audits, and conducting consequence and risk analyses
- Project management experience
- Degree in Chemical engineering or similar
This is a unique opportunity to join a new UK operation, fully funded from US, and be part of a growing team. Lovely offices in the centre of Bath.
£DOE + excellent benefits package
It is Appoint’s policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.