Project Operations Manager
Full Time – Bath
Are you an experienced project manager who is ready to embark on a new challenge? This highly reputable organisation are looking to recruit an individual who possesses strong project management skills, excellent attention to detail and thrives under pressurising workloads and deadlines.
As Project Operations Manager, you will be responsible for implementing quality systems, contract compliance and new business processes to ensure consistency of practice across the business. In addition, you will be managing the compliance with the established policies, procedures, strategy and support the Operations and Compliance Manager with the implementation of new project management objectives.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Implement and monitor refinements and improvements aimed at streamlining activities and increasing performance and quality
- Supporting contract compliance ensuring contract conditions are tracked and met, working with senior managers regarding consistency to share best practice
- Act as a point of contact for queries on major contracts and procedures, support the management of contract compliance and quality standards
- Act as central point of contact for information and issue resolution for all operational quality and contract compliance related issues
- Manage the implementation of operational policies, procedures and quality management systems and revised contractual standards
- Manage the coherence and consistency of reporting, information management, budgeting and other key business systems and processes such as travel security and procurement
- Advise and train project delivery teams with respect to company policies and procedures, security management, procurement, grant management, financial accountability, and compliance best practice
- Manage the company’s contract approval process and the contracts database
- Ensure subcontracts and consultancy agreements with third party suppliers meet the terms and conditions of each client contract and ensure compliance throughout implementation of assignment
- Support the proposal process, including but not limited to tracking opportunities, driving opportunity capture phase, coordinating resources and support across the company, and seeing a proposal to a successful competitive and compliant submission
- Provide support on commercial proposals, ensuring all specialised advice is incorporated including relevant taxes, in-country annual inflation, exchange rates, contingencies and non-recoverable costs.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in project management within operations, logistics or procurement setting
- Experience of working within a continuous improvement cultured environment
- Excellent IT skills – Microsoft Office and online management systems
- Experience using various systems and processes including database management
- Proven ability to operation in a team environment liaising with various and diverse teams
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational and communication skills
- Experience using own initiative with proactive and problem-solving attitude
- Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritise tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Understanding of grant funding cycles and systems
- Knowledge and experience of implementing standards
- Experience with financial and project management tools
Salary: £27,000 – £33,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
It is company policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.