This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding global safety and risk engineering consultancy in central Bath.
Working within a friendly team within new offices, the role will involve working closely with the engineers, stakeholders and other teams throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Working closely with developers, engineers and other stakeholders and cross-functional teams throughout the Software Development Life Cycle, executing test iterations, tracking / reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution.
- Developing well-commented, easy to maintain code that can be reused across a sub-system or feature.
- Designing and developing test plans, test cases and test scripts based on business requirements for both manual and automated testing.
- Developing and executing test cases to diagnose issues and bugs.
- Developing and maintaining load and performance testing as and when required.
- Managing defects in creating, triaging and retesting of defects. Creating test data when required.
- Assisting and advising on best practices for testing as well as making recommendations to improve efficiency and performance.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Previous hands on experience in WinForms or ASP.NET applications.
- Experience using Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Experience working in Agile methodology
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to be careful and thorough with detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Ability to analyse information and use logic to address work related issues and problems
- Good communication skills
- .NET C# (WinForms and WPF).
- SQL Server database.
- NET C# is a plus.
- Network knowledge is a plus.
- C++ knowledge is a plus.
Salary guide: £30,000 – £50,000. Salary is strongly dependent on individual experience. Excellent benefits package including 25 days holiday, contributory pension, healthcare.
It is company policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future