Performance and Risk Manager
A great opportunity has arisen within an International Development organisation based in Bath.
The role is to oversee a portfolio of grants across various organisations, who work across multiple countries in sub-Saharan Africa and Asia. You will be responsible for supporting these organisations in managing the grants and helping them deliver real impact.
As a key focal point in coordinating the technical, financial and operational performance of each grant holder, you will work closely with the Grant Officers to ensure grants are move efficiently through the grant management cycle
- Managing a portfolio of grants from grant set up through to grant closure.
- Understanding the individual project performance as well as identifying key risks to delivery.
- Maintaining an oversight of financial and contractual compliance of a portfolio of grants, working closely with compliance team.
- Liaising with grant holders to analyse quarterly, six monthly and annual performance and identifying technical issues that prevent delivery.
- Working closely with grant holders and the operations team to monitor and ensure value for money throughout the grant lifecycle.
A more detailed role description is available on request.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in International Development, International Relations with either a gender or conflict prevention focus.
- Experience working within an international development, international aid, public health, human rights or social policy setting with responsibility for managing projects, contracts or grants, including performance management, KPIs, resource allocation, evaluation and learning.
- Experience of working in an international setting
- Excellent client and relationship management experience with the ability to interact with clients constructively and effectively
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Office and online management systems
- Good commercial acumen and attention to detail
- Proven ability to operate in a team environment liaising with diverse teams in an international setting
- Ability to manage a varied workload and prioritise tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiative, with a proactive and problem-solving attitude
Salary: £27,000 – £33,500 Dep on experience plus attractive benefits package.
It is company policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.