Senior Accountant – 15 month Contract
A great opportunity to join this award winning global organisation. .
The client is looking for a commercially focused Senior Accountant who will provide management and project accounting to support the UK Business Unit based in Bath.
This exciting and fast paced role includes management of a team of five Regional Accountants, based across four offices.
- Coordinate monthly analysis of monthly Management and Project Accounts.
- Coach Regional Accountants in preparation and interpretation of financial analysis and KPIs to support monitoring
- Review UK Regional costs monthly & report to Financial Controller quarterly.
- Review UK Technical overheads monthly & report to Financial Controller quarterly.
- Key contact for utilisation and cost rates.
- Coordinate audit documentation.
- Manage quarterly WIP Reporting.
- Review Revenue Forecast highlighting and challenging areas of concern to improve performance.
- Preparation of Annual Budgets and Forecasts.
- Financial and Commercial decision support.
- Control of local finance systems and processes.
- Control of data integrity and reporting accuracy for the office.
- Liaison with other Group and Regional finance teams.
- Managing a team to meeting financial deadlines for their office / project portfolio.
- Proactive approach to continuous improvement within all aspects of the role.
A comprehensive job spec will be available
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA/ACA.
- Experience of having operated at a similar level of responsibility, providing technical accounting and financial information along with guiding and supporting strategic and tactical decision making.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Highly organised with the proven ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Confident, proactive character, with the ability to take the lead in challenging situations.
- Positive and collaborative approach.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrable attention to detail.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills; the ability to set up and maintain supporting financial systems.
• Experience of Agresso accounting system would be useful but not essential.
• Experience of Deltek Vision would be an advantage but not essential.
In return, the company offer a superb working environment competitive salary and benefits.
If this role sounds of interest we would like to hear from you as soon as possible.
Located within easy access to Bath rail station.
It is company policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.