Do you have enthusiasm for IT and a passion for technology?
Do you have excellent problem solving skills and able to remain calm under pressure?
An exciting opportunity within a market leading and growing management consultancy to join their IT and Operations team. This is a new role and would suit an exceptional individual looking to kick start a career in IT support.
As an active member of the team, you will be responsible for providing support to their Frome and London offices and ensuring the smooth running of their IT infrastructure.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong communication skills and willing to go the extra mile. This organisation will fully support any relevant training and industry qualifications.
- Logging and monitoring IT support incidents and requests, categorising, prioritising and escalating them where appropriate.
- Updating and maintaining the IT inventory.
- Assist in the build of, and provisioning of, laptops, phones and software.
- Ensure all laptops are patched and free of malware.
- Help enforce IT policies.
- Contribute to the creation of documentation, including self-help solutions and wikis.
- Support the IT director in progressing bespoke projects.
Skills & Experience:
- Enthusiasm for IT and a passion for technology.
- Be a good problem solver and calm under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and methodical in approach.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems, PC and server hardware.
- Knowledge of network configuration and troubleshooting.
- Minimum 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above, including Maths, English Language and Science.
- You will need to be mobile – whilst the role is based in Frome, there will be regular (weekly) travel to London to support the office there.
This is a truly fantastic opportunity within a supportive, non-heirarchical, hard-working organisation.
Salary £24,000 + company bonus scheme + excellent benefits package
It is Appoint’s policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.