Underwriter – Interviewing January/February 2019
This is a brand new role to support a company that provide swift, competitive short-term property finance. With experience in the real estate and financial sectors, the company aim to offer its clients a simple and flexible approach to finance.
The company are growing rapidly so are looking to recruit an underwriter to join this friendly and motivated team.
Head Office is based in London but this role is based in a newly formed South West office, situated in Bath.
This is a great opportunity to shape and form the new office and be a key point of contact for the region.
- Relevant experience in property related underwriting, ideally within short-term financing
- Resilient, confident and committed with the ability to form strong relationships with key internal stakeholders: Head of Lending, Senior Management Team and the Compliance Team
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the following credit referencing agency reports; KYC/AML reports, financial crime regulation, land registry searches and property valuations
- Ability to plan, organise, prioritise and manage time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make quality lending judgements and articulate accordingly
- Ability to deal with a high volume workflow
- Strong understanding of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- Creative thinker and willing to work in an agile growing company.
This is likely to suit applicants that have someone who have worked in property financing, mortgages or similar.
Salary guide: £35,000 – excellent annual bonus and very attractive benefit package including; Pension, healthcare, gym membership etc.
It is Appoint’s policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.