Appoint are seeking a technically minded individual to join a dedicated team as a Bid Coordinator. If you are a proactive individual with numerical flair and meticulous approach to your work then this is an excellent opportunity for you!
You will be required to assist a Bid Manager with the preparation and completion of detailed bids, ensuring profitability, cash flow, whilst minimising risks to the business. Working closely with the supply chain, you will determine accurate pricing information from multiple sources to create robust estimates to create business winning activity. You will act as a deputy to the Trade and Compliance Officer assisting with invoicing, shipping, imports/exports; ITAR and other related duties as required.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review earlier estimates/orders to identify pricing history
- Prepare estimates for both new and repeat business.
- Review the tender pack supplied by the customer, checking all drawings and specifications are present and complete, identifying and resolving any discrepancies.
- Liaise with Capture Managers to identify the Price to Win and understand the bid strategy.
- Support the Tender Review process to facilitate a Bid/No Bid decision for business opportunities
- Obtain quotations or re-validate costs as required.
- Liaise with Operations team to undertake make/buy analysis if required.
- Liaise with Programmes and Engineering teams to obtain support hours costing.
- Produce and check cost model using Microsoft Excel in order to produce proposed selling price.
- Ensure all pricing is completed on time and in accordance with financial targets.
- Support Price Reviews to achieve senior management sign off.
- Produce customer quotations for bid submission.
- Manage your workload as directed by the Bid Manager/Assistant Commercial Manger.
- Undertake other Commercial duties, such as support to the International Commercial Manager, Bid Manager and Contracts & Trade Compliance Officer.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY REQUIRED
- The ability to analyse data, and make relevant recommendations
- Ability to take full ownership of the cost and pricing process
- Be able to multi-task and finish tasks against tight deadlines
- Be detailed, methodical and thorough
- Be organised and flexible with workload
- Be a clear, concise and open communicator able to work closely with other departments to obtain information.
Long term FTC starting January 2019.
Bath based employer with FREE PARKING!
Flexible working hours with lunch time finishes on Friday.
£ COMPETITIVE £
It is Appoint’s policy, as a matter of courtesy to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future.