Finance Manager – Part time
Due to the Company’s success and growth, a new role has arisen for a Finance Manager to bring some real insight into the numbers, implement new business processes and help the company attain the next level in strategic growth.
Based in Bath, this urgent role for a Finance Manager will be one you can truly make your own and one which will grow with the company’s ongoing success.
You will also be tasked with assisting the Finance Director to provide reports for strategic decision making.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will ideally be a qualified accountant, ideally who has some experience in the digital/creative/consultancy world. Your background will demonstrate that you have the skills to work in a broad based role, in a fast growing company. Communication and influencing skills are the real key and having the confidence to deal with senior stakeholders.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you will be solely responsible for management accounts, quarterly forecasts, annual budgets, and the full finance function to ensure the smooth running of the business.
Main duties include:
- Reviewing accounts payable / receivable ledgers on a weekly basis on the Xero system
- Helping to chase old trade debtors and resolve issues with project managers
- Ensuring the company is up to date in payment of creditors and deciding who to pay on a fortnightly or weekly basis
- Assisting in any nominal coding queries
- Producing monthly management accounts showing performance against budget, balance sheet and key performance indicators
- Managing weekly cash flow and identifying and raising to senior management team any potential issues
- Reviewing monthly payroll and pension contributions for 21 staff
- Ensuring detailed budgets are in place and producing monthly reports
- Treasury management
- Assist managers in producing monthly KPIs
- Reviewing and assisting on balance sheet and bank reconciliations
- Running the year end process and provide all assistance to auditors at year end
- HMRC filings (VAT / Tax / EMI Option Schemes
- Providing financial data to senior management on request
- Providing internal audit on grant work in order to process and claim funds
– ACA/CIMA/ACCA qualified preferred
– SAGE/Xero experience
– Strong Excel skills
– Excellent listening and communication skills
– Ability to process vast amounts of information with attention to detail as well as a methodical approach
– Excellent analytical skills
– Ability to maintain own work flow, relationships, and deadlines in a fast paced environment
– Ability to work individually and to coordinate efforts with other teams across the business
– Experience within consultancy service companies highly desirable
Initially this will be a 6 month contract with a possibility of a more permanent contract in the future.
Part time: 3 days a week.
Salary: c. £40,000 pro rata – dep on experience
Please note that we are only able to contact applicants that we view as suitable for the vacancy based relevant experience and skills. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days from your registration, please accept our apologies but we are unable to help you on this occasion.