It’s all a question of staff over tech, according to high growth small businesses in the UK…
Before we get into the stats, it’s important to understand the value of high growth small businesses. These are the companies that:
- Account for only 2.9% of UK businesses, yet contribute to 84% of ‘net employment growth’ (employing a total of 1.9 million+ workers).
- Alongside this, they’re 24% more productive than lower growth small companies – producing an additional ‘3 months of economic output’ for the nation each year.
Clearly, these are incredibly valuable companies that we can all learn from.
It’s about staff over tech for business success:
When Octopus Group asked high growth small businesses what most contributes to their success, they said…
- Great staff (60%)
- A great idea or product (53%)
- Tech helped make the product development cheaper/easier (29%)
- The web helped them to market the business more easily (29%)
- An ability to secure funding at the right time (24%)
Even the business’s idea or product, considered fundamental to more than half of the companies, isn’t deemed as critical as its employees.
It’s always rewarding to see firms recognise the value of their teams in this way. We’ve long witnessed the difference that a truly effective team makes to a business.
Are you an employer struggling to recruit?
You’re far from alone! 1/4 of UK employers are currently struggling to recruit the talent they need.
Recruitment should never be about simply filling seats by job title and/or years of experience alone. It’s about finding people with the right personality, mindset and skillset to complement the rest of your team and business goals.
Sometimes it’s also about being able to see what others haven’t. Spotting that person who doesn’t come from the same career path or industry yet who has all of the skills and attitude you’re looking for and is ready to learn the rest.
Why not find a recruitment partner who will work closely to understand your business and team goals? You can call Appoint on 01225 313130 to discuss your local recruitment needs today.
Are you a candidate who’s struggling to enter a new career?
This is the post for you.